2010年5月6日木曜日

John Rich Explains His Chely Wright Gay Comment!


In the wake of country singer Chely Wright's announcement that she is a lesbian, she's opened up about her personal struggle - most notably about the meltdown she endured after a comment fellow country singer John Wright made!
As we reported, Chely claims:
“[John] said, ‘You’re not gay are you?!’ I said, ‘No, John, I’m not.’ He [...]

cwjrjb.jpg


In the wake of country singer Chely Wright's announcement that she is a lesbian, she's opened up about her personal struggle - most notably about the meltdown she endured after a comment fellow country singer John Wright made!


As we reported, Chely claims:


“[John] said, ‘You’re not gay are you?!’ I said, ‘No, John, I’m not.’ He said, ‘Good, thank God.’ And that began a spiral for me. I had a meltdown shortly after that.”


John himself has now come forward to publicly aplogize, and claims Chely misunderstood what he meant!


He says:


“I would never pass judgment on any friend of mine. I feel awful that, at this time in Chely’s life, my decade old comment – ‘Good, thank God’ – was taken the wrong way. I was clumsily trying to express my relief that even a country boy like me had a one-in-a-million chance of having a beer with a woman as talented and attractive as Chely. For years after that conversation, Chely invited me to perform at charity events. In all that time, I wish she would have said something directly to me before the book’s publicity tour, especially since some of the comments attributed to me in the book are not mine. But I am happy for her and only wish her the best in her personal and professional life."


Hm. Seems a little bitter that he was dragged into this.


What do U think?? Is John's apology sincere??


[Image via WENN.]




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿