2009年11月12日木曜日

Courtney Love Is Releasing A New Album - Finally!


We didn't even know she was still working on one!
Courtney Love is releasing Nobody's Daughter in January, her first album since 2004's America's Sweetheart, but she's going back to her roots and releasing it under her old band's name, Hole.
“Wherever I lay my head is Hole. It’s four letters. It is one of the [...]

wenn2598568cl.jpg


We didn't even know she was still working on one!


Courtney Love is releasing Nobody's Daughter in January, her first album since 2004's America's Sweetheart, but she's going back to her roots and releasing it under her old band's name, Hole.


“Wherever I lay my head is Hole. It’s four letters. It is one of the best band names in fucking history, if I do say so myself. For a while I was a little embarrassed it was maybe vulgar, but at least it’s not phallic. It’s H-O-L-E, it’s a great band name, and it’s mine.”


Hole hasn't had an album out since 1998's Celebrity Skin and the new band includes Courtney and guitarist Micko Larkin. Nobody's Daughter was influenced by David Bowie, Pink Floyd and '80s goth, Courtney reveals - and the underlying themes of the album are greed, vengeance and feminism.


Courtney stumbles through this explanation:


“There’s a lot of maternal instinct on there, and probably my favorite lyric is: ‘Nobody’s daughter, she’s never was, she never will be beholden to anyone. She cannot kill. You don’t understand how evil we really are.' I don’t even know what that really means, but I know it’s something to do with my daughter and it’s also to do with me.”


She still sounds so effed up to us!


Are U looking forward to Courtney's album?


[Image via Digital Creations / WENN.]




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿