2009年11月4日水曜日

Obama's Brother Surfaces In China!


And he's got a book to sell!
President Obama's half brother, Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo, made a rare appearance in China on Wednesday to promote Nairobi to Shenzhen, a novel about an surviving an abusive father and building a new life in China.
Although he claims that it's a fictional account of his life (and [...]

gettyimages_92700463.jpg


And he's got a book to sell!


President Obama's half brother, Mark Okoth Obama Ndesandjo, made a rare appearance in China on Wednesday to promote Nairobi to Shenzhen, a novel about an surviving an abusive father and building a new life in China.


Although he claims that it's a fictional account of his life (and father - of which he shares with the President), Ndesandjo said that it "reflects many experiences in my own life as a child brought up in Kenya."


And the First Half Brother timed it well! This book release comes exactly two weeks before President Obama visits China for the first time.


"My mother used to say of my father, he's a brilliant man but a social failure," the author said of his life. "I remember times in my house when I would hear screams and I would hear my mother's pain. My skin had turned hard emotionally for so many years because of what I'd seen my mother go through."


The book also details the marriage of the protagonist, David and his journey to China for the love of a Chinese woman and a young orphan - which mirrors his own marriage and work with orphans!


Sounds like he took the same fiction writing class as Lauren Conrad!!! It's taking "write what you know" to a whole other level!


"We're family, I love my family," said Ndesandjo, who claims to shy away from public ties to the President. "I was so proud of my brother Barack."


But it turns out, he's just another celebrity sibling looking for a piece of the pie!


"I wanted to be known as a writer, not for my relationship to the President," he continues, as a publisher is needed to release his upcoming autobiography, detailing an account of his family background and ties.


Turns out he's just a political Ali Lohan!!!


[Image via Getty Images.]




0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿